thoughts on newly laid equipment pad

Oct 15, 2015
DFW, TX
some background info. We may or may not be adding a heat pump (Hayward HP50HA) down the road or maybe go for solar as an alternative once we get everything up and running. They were also supposed to plumb in a deep heat option (main drain can be used as a suction or a return. it's a very simple plumbing that utilizes two 3 way valves and a crossover pipe that attaches the return side to the suction side. Turn one on, one off and it's that simple) that didn't get done but they're going to come back out and add that.

With that in mind, would I lose anything by moving the pump down to the right side of the set of 4 pipes, moving the filter to the open pad to the left of the pump now and then plan on the heat pump sitting where the filter is now? Though the inlet/outlet ports on the heat pump I had in mind are on the opposite side of where I'd need it if I installed it on the right side of the pad and I'm guessing it wouldn't like being turned backwaards with the fan facing the wall.

in that case it may be best to plan on the HP50HA on the open left side and just make the best out of the long run of PVC that would need to run from the filter to the heat pump and then back across the same stretch of pad to tie into the return lines

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.