Help with Intex Skimmer

Jun 27, 2007
Alabama
I have a Intex 18 x 4 Intex(Inflatable), and need to know the "catch" to keeping the skimmer stationary, I am constantly checking to make sure that it is not floating above the water and sucking air. The ring inflates in the day, and deflates at night, and the mornings are the worst. I have put things in to weight it down but that doesn't help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What are you using to weigh down the basket? We had the same problem, and found it took quite a bit of weight to hold down the basket. We use a fist-sized rock (or a little bigger...it fits down into the basket with just a bit of room to spare). Also, there seems to be a "sweet spot" where you put the skimmer in relation to the valve...move it around along the inflatable ring to find where it sits the best.

Honestly I had the same problem. Someone suggested the rock and i couldn't see putting a rock in the pool, so I bought golf club weights which are encased in plastic. I placed them in the skimmer. However, when I was cleaning out the basket I dropped the weights into the pool :) and it is 64* right now, so I won't be in it any time soon. I did grab a rock about fist size and placed it in the basket and can say that the basket is staying where it should be and I don't feel uncomfortable at all about the rock in there. It was/is a very good suggestion. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.