Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair IC60 cell only if I have Pentair Automation panel already?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair IC60 cell only if I have Pentair Automation panel already?

Hi all,
    My solar installer offered to throw in a Pentair SWG install if I ordered solar heating from him. All I have to do is order the unit in advance of his install.

2 questions:
    1) any recommendations on the cheapest place to order the Pentair IC60?
    2) Do I need the pentair SWG power center if I already have a Pentair automation unit, or can I just buy the Salt cell replacement?

Thanks in advance!
    14,900 Gal free-form PebbleTec/Gunnite pool/spa, built July 2015, city water, caged
    Pentair Automation Panel, Intelliflo Pump, Clean&Clear Filter, MasterTemp Gas Heater, Intellibrite 5G Lighting, ScreenLogic2, IC40 SWG
    Paramount Clean O3, In-Floor cleaning system / Solar Heating panels
    TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair IC60 cell only if I have Pentair Automation panel already?

Johnny,

If your panel did not come with a SWG, chances are it does not have the internal SWG power supply. Pretty easy to tell.. open the enclosure and look behind the bottom panel. If there are two transformers on the right side, one big one and one small one, then you have the power supply. If all you have is one small transformer, then you do not have the internal PS.

Try SunPlay, they always seem to have pretty good deals.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jim!

Here's my panel... There is only one small transformer inside but there is one outside the panel to the right. Not sure what is for, in-floor cleaning maybe?

Would this work or should I order the power center too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    Johnny,

If your panel did not come with a SWG, chances are it does not have the internal SWG power supply. Pretty easy to tell.. open the enclosure and look behind the bottom panel. If there are two transformers on the right side, one big one and one small one, then you have the power supply. If all you have is one small transformer, then you do not have the internal PS.

Try SunPlay, they always seem to have pretty good deals.

Jim R.

14,900 Gal free-form PebbleTec/Gunnite pool/spa, built July 2015, city water, caged
    Pentair Automation Panel, Intelliflo Pump, Clean&Clear Filter, MasterTemp Gas Heater, Intellibrite 5G Lighting, ScreenLogic2, IC40 SWG
    TF100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Johnny,

That is a 12 volt transformer and I "assume" it is for your pool lights or some landscape lighting. I suggest you follow the output wires and see what relay they go to, and what that relay is supposed to control.

I also noticed something that I did not realize.. on the front panel is a number of small circuit breakers in the upper right hand corner.. The one for the SWG/Intellichlor is missing. I had assumed it was there, just not connected. Also, the missing SWG transformer is about the same size as the one in your sub-box, but I'm pretty sure it has more than a 12 volt secondary output..

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

Pentair IC60 cell only if I have Pentair Automation panel already?

Thanks again Jim, looks like I'm going to have to spring for the power center.

TF100 test kit