Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: baja step and bubbler

1. Back To Top    #1

baja step and bubbler

We had a PB that introduce an idea about installing a bubbler on the baja step. However we are choosing a different PB that had a better overall design. How would you install the bubbler. Is it like a spa jet installed on the floor of the baja step?

How deep is the baja step is it like a deep 1st step? 12"?

This is what Im talking about.
    should be great for the kids.
    14000K gal 400sq ft w 6x8 spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS3050, Pentair cart filter, Pentair Master Temp, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Easy Touch 8, wireless control. 3x intellibrite LED light. Pentair Kreepy Krauley Sand Shark. Solar Panel Plumbing. 2 x 24 inch arc sheer 24" spa spill way.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: baja step and bubbler

is this for your spa or pool? If installed in the pool, I would arm yourself with some muratic acid, as I would imagine the aeration such a water feature would provide would promote frequent PH rise.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by dmanb2b
    is this for your spa or pool? If installed in the pool, I would arm yourself with some muratic acid, as I would imagine the aeration such a water feature would provide would promote frequent PH rise.
    Never heard this, we have 3 on our step and have to put acid in the pool once to twice a week. PB used these for our 3 bubblers on baja step in the pool.
    Only thing I would have liked is that the baja step be 10-12 deep instead of the 6-7 inches.

18k free form IG w/spa (4 jets), Paramount in floor cleaning system, Starite system 3 filter, Jandy 2hp ePump, Sta-Rite SR400LP Maxi-therm propane heater, Jandy aquapure/apurem 1400 SWCG, Jandy automation PS4 w/PDA, IntelliBrite 120v 5-G LED pool & spa lights, 2" piping and (3)4x12 (5)4x10 Fafco Sunsaver Solar Panels.

4. Back To Top    #4

Can you give me more detail on this part? Trying to lock down the spec for new pool with PB. thanks
    14000K gal 400sq ft w 6x8 spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS3050, Pentair cart filter, Pentair Master Temp, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Easy Touch 8, wireless control. 3x intellibrite LED light. Pentair Kreepy Krauley Sand Shark. Solar Panel Plumbing. 2 x 24 inch arc sheer 24" spa spill way.

5. Back To Top    #5

yup...aeration increases PH without affecting TA. I would venture to guess your ta reading are probably low or you have to also use alkalinty increaser (Baking soda)...since adding MA lowers PH and TA

Quote Originally Posted by towney
    Quote Originally Posted by dmanb2b
    Never heard this, we have 3 on our step and have to put acid in the pool once to twice a week. PB used these for our 3 bubblers on baja step in the pool.
    Only thing I would have liked is that the baja step be 10-12 deep instead of the 6-7 inches.

24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator