SWG Aqua Pure PCL 1400 Chlorinator not working

Is there anything like the battery terminal grease they sell at auto parts stores that might prevent that but creating a better seal and keep moisture out ??

The salt cells have to be replaced every few years anyhow. How old is your unit? The new cells cost around $550 and include the power cable and a sensor. I find that the power cables generally come with that grease already applied.

The water is likely coming from the inside the cell and around the prongs. There is a seal plate that slips over the prongs. The seal plate is held down by two screws.

There is an oring around each prong that is compressed by the seal plate. If you remove the seal plate, you will likely have one or more of the prongs come out as well.

Over time, the prongs corrode and detach from the cell plates. The center prong is soldered to the center plate and the outer prongs are soldered to the outer plates.

If your box is in good shape, just get the new cell kit that comes with the cell, trisensor and power cord.

Amazon.com. I currently see the full unit for $585 from Prime. I am not sure if we are allowed to post links here but go to Amazon and sure for "Aquapure 1400". The photo shows the old sensor but hopefully it ships with the newer sensor.

Have an Aqua Pure PCL 1400 cell and kit to replace the old unit. Have spoken to several pool companies local about which SWG they would recommend. Pentair 40k is one that has been suggested, claimed I should see 8-10 years of use before needing a salt cell. Jandy 1400 is another replace cell every 2-4 years. Hayward most pool companies would not recommend. So for the layman, what is a more qualified method of SWG vetting or testing? l am open to suggestions. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.