Determined the height of my pool leak but now what?

May 20, 2016
Harmony, RI
Hi all, I'm a rookie pool owner that just bought a home with a pool a few months ago. I knew nothing whatsoever about pools before this and my knowledge remains extremely limited except for the SLAM process which I did plenty of and memorized very well!

I have a water leak problem. I was previously unable to identify where the water was leaking from. Following advice given on this board, I decided to let it leak for a few days without adding water to see how far it dropped. Over about a 36 hour period the water dropped to the level you see here. I let it sit for a few days and it never got any lower.

gbvUC8d.jpg

sy9j6iy.jpg

Don't mind the greenish hue... This has unfortunately been sitting for about a week and it's getting a little bit gross.

Based on the water no longer dropping any lower than this point, I'm assuming the problem has to do with either the skimmer basket cutout or something hardware related. Visual inspection of the skimmer basket looks fine. No water dripping and gasket around the opening appears to be intact (but then again I also have no idea what I'm looking at either.)
ik3lNjt.jpg

I've noticed that the ground in the area is moist all the time no matter what. Surely this is related somehow:

sUGrgH3.jpg

At this point, I am completely at a loss as far as what to do next. Any suggestions? If so, please bare with be as I have genuinely no clue what I'm doing with any of this stuff and will be learning as I go.

Thanks,
Andy

I agree with cowboy casey. It looks like the water level is right at the return. If there isnt any visible sign of water leaking from the return pipe, i'ts possible the rubber gasket on the return is compromised and the water is leaking down between the liner and the pool wall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.