Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My first test with TF100

1. Back To Top    #1

My first test with TF100

I wanted to try out my test kit TF100.

I did the K 1000.

CL BR was the clear box .5-1
    pH was 7.5

Should I take anymore until my salt gets thrown in? I read Pool School but I am slightly confused on which test is which.

Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: My first test with TF100

A full set would be great, (FC, pH, TA, CH, and CYA) by the salt comment I am assuming you are adding a SWG but you will need to maintain chlorine levels manually until it is up and running. Also what kind of pool is it and what kind of surface?
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

3. Back To Top    #3

This explains what each is, ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Here are more detailed instructions, Pool School - Extended Test Kit Directions
    More here about what to put in your signature and how to do it, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, sorry, I will post my full specs in signature shortly. I'm reading everything waiting for the "Ah ha" moment.

5. Back To Top    #5

It'll get here. I had to read it all 30 or 40 times.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

There we go, updated my sig finally.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops, guess replies don't have it.
    12K Gallon, IG PebbleSheen Blue Granite, built AUG 2016, 4 Jandy nicheless LED lights , Jandy 2.0HP VS ePump, Jandy AquaPure PLC700 SWG, PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy CV580 VersaPlumb Cartridge Filter , Jandy - Pro Series RS4 W/iAquaLink, Jandy JXi400NK 400K Heater, OK Flagstone Coping, Travertine Decking, 7 x7 Spa, Tanning Shelf, 10' Grotto, TF-100.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I see the sig now how about those test results?
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    This explains what each is, ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Here are more detailed instructions, Pool School - Extended Test Kit Directions
    More here about what to put in your signature and how to do it, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atttech-2 View Post
    I see the sig now how about those test results?
    FC 5.5PPM- 6.5PPM (I thought it was clear then I looked at it 10 secs later and it had some pink so I put 2 more drops in )
    CC 0
    TC 5.5-6.5 PPM
    CH 150PPM
    TA 30
    CYA Test didn't work or I didn't do something right. I filled that view tube up to the top

So how am I doing
    12K Gallon, IG PebbleSheen Blue Granite, built AUG 2016, 4 Jandy nicheless LED lights , Jandy 2.0HP VS ePump, Jandy AquaPure PLC700 SWG, PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy CV580 VersaPlumb Cartridge Filter , Jandy - Pro Series RS4 W/iAquaLink, Jandy JXi400NK 400K Heater, OK Flagstone Coping, Travertine Decking, 7 x7 Spa, Tanning Shelf, 10' Grotto, TF-100.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Is the builder still caring for the pool or are you on your own? The TA is a little low and we would need to see pH. If the builder is still caring for the pool they may be doing an acid startup, so it would be normal for the TA and pH to be low. CH is a little on the low side should be raised 75 to 100 ppm. FC is impossible to judge without CYA results you should probably try the test one more time. Take a look at THIS video

If the builder is still in the startup process I would not add anything until they turn over the pool. You don't want to for instance add calcium or CYA and then have them dump a bunch in too. the only exception would be FC if you see it getting low add some bleach but to know what range to maintain you need a CYA reading, right now if CYA is truly 0 there is more than enough FC. Also if the CYA is 0 the FC level should drop rapidly in the next day or 2 without CYA to protect if from the sun.

10. Back To Top    #10

I will try again soon.

11. Back To Top    #11

You're doing great! It took me a few tests to get it down.
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html