LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Charter Oak, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Has anyone connected two Intex, or other brand, Pump/Sand Filter combinations (Plumbed separately. Not in parallel or in series, but with completely separate plumbing set ups. Running only one at a time.) My current 1/2 HP pump and sand filter, to circulate the water daily through the skimmer and to mix chemicals while the other a 1 HP I picked up used, will be used to run a robotic cleaner and the handling vacuuming duties.

I did with my last pool and intend to do so again. Small intex cartridge filter set from skimmer to solar heater mats to an over the top of the frame return. Waterproof aquarium timer set to run during daylight hours
Sand filter set up completely separately to actually filter the pool, about an hour a day on the crappy intex timer, will need to change that this summer. Timed to suit my normal dosing / vacuum times in the evening.

Thanks for getting back to me...
So rather than purchase a 2-speed motor/pump/filter combination unit, you have elected to use a larger single speed motor/pump/filter and a smaller single speed motor/pump/filter with separate plumbing? Was it the initial cost of the 2-speed motor/pump/filter combination or was it more that used the equipment you had available?

I understand that separate plumbing can complicate installation.

In my case, I had the extra pump already from my previous pool and wanted to put it to use. I keep my auto cleaner in the pool at all times and with a remote controlled switch, I can turn it off while swimming, without affecting heat and filtration on the other pump.

Hi, we are considering doing this as we have a large 16'x32' Intex & the 1/2 hp sand pump that came with it is not doing enough.

I found the upgraded 1hp 3000 gal replacement motor for $100, but for $200, we can get an whole new setup & hubby wants to hook up both, but not sure if it is doable. This post gives me hope. Could you kindly post some pictures of your setup?

Also, we have a separate saltwater chlorine generator...any idea on how to make this work?

Thanks, Toni

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow Mickelin that set up is awesome. I would like to ask before the double filter set up did you notice circulation problems?and second question how's the skimmer hole holding up,I'm so scared to cut my liner but would love to use my second suction for a return instead?

Thanks Jimmy. No circulation problems, but I think having the auto cleaner in the pool improves circulation. The skimmer is fantastic. Such an improvement over the previous Intex skimmer. Dont think twice about cutting the liner, but make sure you mount it high enough so you dont lose any waterdepth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 72
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.