Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Combining two pool finishes on pool edge

1. Back To Top    #1

Combining two pool finishes on pool edge

IMG_4637.jpg

Is it possible to have a sand pebble finish on the top of this shelf and a blue pebble finish on the wall of shelf without a boarder tile?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Combining two pool finishes on pool edge

What does your PB say? He'll be doing the work, right? Not many PB's on this forum.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

No, wasn't sure if any pool buyers had this done and had any suggestions on how it was done. Should I check forum rules, am I not suppose to ask questions like this?

4. Back To Top    #4

It is fine to ask the question, I don't see that he suggests otherwise in his answer to you. I have seen two color finishes, not all installers will do it. And it seems to cost nearly twice as much to do it because it is basically two different set ups and pool finishes.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok just wanted to make sure. We already have price set for the two colors, but right now on that lip of sun shelf there is a line of tile what we are afraid may have our pool looking too busy. Was wondering if there were any other methods to have these two finishes be separate without having the tile to separate.

6. Back To Top    #6

I've seen plasterers butt the two finishes together with nothing in between.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

If your builder can't get the bubbler centered, keep the strip of tile.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Two finishes are rather common around here. Something to consider is there will be a straight line where one color starts and the other ends. I've seen pools where the colors were attempted to be faded together and the results looked a little odd.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page