Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Beachcomber Model 340 Hot Tub

1. Back To Top    #1

Beachcomber Model 340 Hot Tub

Hi everyone,

Looking at a small entry level tub, seats 5. Went to visit a local dealer yesterday and had a chat regarding the Beachcomber 340 model. We live in Ontario Canada so winters can get cold and lots of snow.

Anyone have this tub? From what I can gather, Beachcomber looks to be a decent brand and by the sound of things they back up their product and have great support in our area.

It is not an overly flashy tub or have all the bells & whistles but will do everything we want (Heat water and provide massage). The sales person said the heater in this tub is the exact same heater that comes in the larger units so heating will be quick.

The rep is putting together a quote for us. In the store pricing was $6495 plus $499 delivery and setup + $250 cover lifter + Tax = $8185. Not sure if this will be the same from the "quote" that is being sent over to us or not.

Any advice or comments is appreciated
    32,000 gallons IG Pool Vinyl Liner - 20 x 40 ; Hot Tub Jacuzzi J-345
    Using Liquid Chlorine
    Filter - hayward
    Pump - Hayward superpump 1hp
    Taylor kit - K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Beachcomber Model 340 Hot Tub

I do not know beachcomber but I LOVE a basic spa, if you can find one with NO motherboard with air tubes to turn on and off pump and lights you have a winner I still have to replace things but a 1000 to 2000 dollar motherboard just hurts if it dies...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

No advice on Beachcomber tubs?
    32,000 gallons IG Pool Vinyl Liner - 20 x 40 ; Hot Tub Jacuzzi J-345
    Using Liquid Chlorine
    Filter - hayward
    Pump - Hayward superpump 1hp
    Taylor kit - K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

No knowledge of Beachcomber but heating being quick or not isn't an issue as the heater stays on all the time and, at least on my tub, it is always at the same temp. The only time speed of heat matters is when you refill the tub.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't know anything about the Beachomber brand, but check out Arctic Spa's they are built in Canada and are designed for colder climates
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

FYI, my spa is a Jacuzzi.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels