Can't remember from last year

May 22, 2008
I didn't take as good of notes last year as I thought I did so I'm going round and round on what I'm doing wrong and confusing myself.

17600 Gallon pool
Sand Filter
IG
Vinyl
Not sure of pump size

FC 9.5 using the advanced kit (can't remember name, this site recommended buying it)
CC .5
pH 7.5
TA 410
CYA Below 20 but not sure what number

the water is green and not clear and has been this way a couple of weeks.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

Pool School, read everything there. Specifically Defeating Algae, How to Shock your Pool, and Performing the Overnight FC Loss Test.

Are you certain that TA result is accurate? :shock: Is your PH constantly drifting up above 7.8?

Please redo the TA test, and wipe the tip of the dopper bottle with a damp cloth in between drops.

FPM also meant to tell you to add CYA to reach a level of 30. Assume you have now 10 ppm CYA. Use the Pool Calc to determine the needed amount, wrap it in an old T- shirt or pantyhose (depending on your clothing preferences :lol: ) tie it up and put it in the skimmer.

Try the TA test again, but this time wipe the dropper tip with a damp cloth between each drop. There can be a static buildup on the bottle that causes the drops to be unusually small, which can lead to too high a test result.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.