Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Yellow jackets and Hornets

1. Back To Top    #1

Yellow jackets and Hornets

Pretty sure this question belongs here but if not my apologies. Over the past several days yellow jackets have seem to take a liking to the lid on my skimmer tank and the hornets are loving the floating frog thermometer. Anyone else have these issues? I read somewhere on here today about flying ants and we experienced that last night, they were every where.
    Little ole baby pool. 14' x 42" Pro Series 3300G pool. AG Vinyl with metal frame. Currently installed are a Intex pump/sand filter SF60110 3000GPH and Intex SWG ECO8110. Filled with city water.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Yellow jackets and Hornets

They are looking for fresh water. Sometimes it helps to give them a source of water as far away from the pool as possible. If you can find a nest in your yard go out at dusk and spray it down with wasp spray. If you use the search box in the upper right corner of this page enter "bees" and that should pull up more threads with suggestions on how to handle the problem.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!