Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thank you all!! Newbie Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Austin TX

Thank you all!! Newbie Question

We just installed a new pool so i'm ramping up on TFP method. I'm proud to say i only went to Leslies Pool Supply twice prior to finding this site. Since then i've been trying to follow the method. I ran out of chlorine a couple of days ago so my pool went ~ 3 days with 0 chlorine. I've sense put chlorine back in. The pool looks great and clear and i never noticed any visual issues aside from the fact that chlorine was lacking. Do i still need to slam the pool?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Thank you all!! Newbie Question

Welcome to TFP Austintech

How are you testing your pool? Which test kit?

How are you sanitizing it?

We can't tell you if you need to SLAM without knowing test numbers- FC,CC,TA,CH,pH and CYA. Algae can start very insidiously and while the water is clear the test numbers tell the story....
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Hudson, WI

Re: Thank you all!! Newbie Question

Welcome to TFP Austintech

Really need to see the test numbers.
    Do you have a TF100 or K2006 yet for testing your own water ??
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. May 20 - opened for summer
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit -
    Please help keep the lights on so we can be here for others, become a TFP Supporter!