New pool, new pebble plaster, starting chem balance help?

Jun 26, 2014
Peoria, AZ
Hey guys, so I'm working on chemistry right now for my newly filled pool. Unfortunately the PB's setup was just a simple test strip and instructions to "go to the pool store" if the readings were not within parameters. Derp.

So it's a good thing I already purchased my TF-100 test kit!

The PB has already poured in a few gallons of liquid chlorine, and set up a floating puck dispenser. He also added some muriatic acid.

The pool is IG shotcrete pool, 22-23k gallons with new pebble sheen plaster

My readings this morning:

FC - 2
CH - 150
TA - 180
CYA - 0
CC - 0
PH - 7.8

Chemicals the PB left me: A small bucket of pucks for the floater thingy, and 2 gallons of MA.

I know these aren't ideal, and I've plugged some numbers into the pool math calculator, but it's telling me to add like 3 gallons 1 quart of calcium chloride, 1 quart 6oz of MA, 1quart 2oz of Bleach and 1 gallon 1 quart of stabilizer. Does this seem correct?

I know I can get the MA and Bleach easy enough, but do I go to the pool store for the stabilizer and calcium chloride? Should I remove the floating puck?

* I should note that this will be a salt pool, but right now we're waiting 30 days to let the pebble sheen cure, so it's manual chlorination until then.

Thanks!

Congrats! The first 30 days of plaster is important.

Prority 1, do what the installer says to do.

Priority 2, do what the manufacturer says to do

We will help fill in the gaps after that.

Here is Pebble Tec's basic care instructions
Pool Care Instructions Pebble Tec

Go here and register your pool and they will send you detailed start up docs and support contacts for any issues.
Product Registration Pebble Tec

More on pool chems here, Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

I would get CH up to 250 ppm, but see what PT wants first. I know Wet Edge wants 200 ppm to start with.

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma now. My filter ended up having a leak so my PB shut it all down.

Now that filter is out of operation and the pump is off, how am I suppose to upkeep chemical balance??

Can I just pour in Muriatic Acid and Bleach in without a pump going? o_O It's just a sitting pond right now and I don't want the new pebble plaster to get messed up from bad chemistry. Help me out guys.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.