Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PoolMath Vs Test Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

PoolMath Vs Test Kit

Hi all,

I am fairly new to the site. Just got the Taylor 2006 kit and love it. We just had the pool refinished with Pebble Sheen (I think that is what it is called). That was over 30 days ago. One thing I notice when trying to figure out how much acid to add to lower PH is that the chart in the Taylor Kit tells me a different amount than PoolMath. I believe it is because PoolMath takes into account the TA - is that right? SO should I just stick to the PoolMath calculation?

Thanks,
    Greg
    15' x 30', 13.5K Gallons, Pebble Sheen, 2 Deck Jets, Haywood 4820 DE Filter, Haywood Northstar 1.5 HP Pump, Haywood T-Cell-15, Haywood Heat Pump, Haywood Navigator Pool Vac

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PoolMath Vs Test Kit

Just stick with PoolMath. I never do the acid/base tests that come with my test kit.
    VinDeeLoo
    7600 gallons ~ AG ~ Summer Waves Cartridge C Filter ~ using pump that came with our Summer Waves 18 x 48 pool ~ Taylor K-2006 (SpeedStir & Sample Sizer) ~ no well water or water restrictions

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I would use PoolMath and not fret over it. Almost all find PoolMath a little quicker and easier than the book in the K-2006 but you may find the book more to your liking.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I use an app called pool pal which lets you see the different recommendations based on different sites. E.g. tfp and sets your target accordingly.

5. Back To Top    #5

The TFP way is the only way for me. I will only use PoolMath.

VinDeeLoo
    7600 gallons ~ AG ~ Summer Waves Cartridge C Filter ~ using pump that came with our Summer Waves 18 x 48 pool ~ Taylor K-2006 (SpeedStir & Sample Sizer) ~ no well water or water restrictions

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks all. Yes - I personally like to put all of the readings into PoolMath and go from there - just wanted to make sure it was accurate since it differed from the book, which I hate to use.
    15' x 30', 13.5K Gallons, Pebble Sheen, 2 Deck Jets, Haywood 4820 DE Filter, Haywood Northstar 1.5 HP Pump, Haywood T-Cell-15, Haywood Heat Pump, Haywood Navigator Pool Vac