Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Craigslist Robot's

1. Back To Top    #1

Craigslist Robot's

I don't see it talked about much here so I thought I'd ask. Why don't more readers buy their robots on CL? I have an appt today to get a tiger shark plus 2014 model for $350. I figured that was a pretty good deal. I've found a dolphin diagnostic for 500, and a few others for around that price range. Has anyone had bad experiences buying from there?
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Craigslist Robot's

Just make sure it works and you are safe. C-list can be scary in some areas. Our Police department offers for exchanges/buys in their front lobby BUT that does not help when it is something like a pool cleaner or lawn mower LOL

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I buy a ton of stuff from CL. What I do not buy is stuff with a lot of moving parts.....they break!!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I've bought three Dolphin Diagnostics from CL. I bought one about 12 years ago, and another one about 5 years ago. Both are in pools and still working today. I also bought a non-working one for parts, which has come in quite handy, If I remember right, the two working ones were in the $200-to $300 range and the cannibalization unit was $50.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

nice. Glad to hear I'm not alone. i picked up a tiger shark plus today for $350. dude says he still has warranty for 1 more year and will do the service request if i need. dropped it in today and man that thing blows away any suction or pressure side cleaner i've ever had.
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by isriam View Post
    I don't see it talked about much here so I thought I'd ask. Why don't more readers buy their robots on CL? I have an appt today to get a tiger shark plus 2014 model for $350. I figured that was a pretty good deal. I've found a dolphin diagnostic for 500, and a few others for around that price range. Has anyone had bad experiences buying from there?
    The power supplies on the Diagnostics are prone to failure. Getting used is a crapshoot. I had a used Diagnostic that I ended up buying 2 replacement ebay power supplies for before packing it in and getting a new S300. You can get lucky and buy a used unit that lasts a decade or one that craps out in a season. So after getting a used unit, I'd prefer to avoid the risk and get one with full warranty, not to mention a huge improvement in performance and cleaning.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner