Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pearland Fall/ Winter Build

1. Back To Top    #1

Pearland Fall/ Winter Build

Well so after talking to Several PBs

We found a builder that we like and has design that will fit our budget.
    Here is a pic of the plan.

I removed the plan when I realized it showed my address.
    ~16500 GAL, 16X34 Rectangle 3' 9" to 5' 5" depth, W/ 7'X7' Spa, IG Gunite, Quartz Plaster, 3.0 HP VS Pump, Air Blower for Spa, Pentair 400 BTU Gas Fired Water Heater, Pentair IC-40 SWCG, Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, Mechanical Overfill, Paramount In-Pool Cleaning System. Intellatouch 4, 2 Intellbrite 5G LED Color Changing Lights in Pool and 1 Intellbrite 5G LED Color Changing Lights in Spa, 4 Deck Jets. Build in Progress

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pearland Fall bid

I will list the equipment tomorrow.
    ~16500 GAL, 16X34 Rectangle 3' 9" to 5' 5" depth, W/ 7'X7' Spa, IG Gunite, Quartz Plaster, 3.0 HP VS Pump, Air Blower for Spa, Pentair 400 BTU Gas Fired Water Heater, Pentair IC-40 SWCG, Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, Mechanical Overfill, Paramount In-Pool Cleaning System. Intellatouch 4, 2 Intellbrite 5G LED Color Changing Lights in Pool and 1 Intellbrite 5G LED Color Changing Lights in Spa, 4 Deck Jets. Build in Progress

3. Back To Top    #3

The links didn't work for me.
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006C.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry will have to try something different later

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by gldntgr96 View Post

Here is the picture.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by allinspector View Post

Here is the picture.

Fellow Pearlander here! Starting our build this week. Your pool looks very nice! Do you have any dimensions? The people on this site are a wealth of information! Looking forward to see how it goes.
    Build in Process. 40 X 24 Freeform Gunite I/G Pool with Spa 30,000 Gallons, 109 Lf and 714sf, 4' to 8' depth, Jandy Stealth 2 Circulation Pump, Jandy 2.5 HP Feature Pump, Jandy 2 HP Pump for Spa, Jandy 580sf Filter, Jandy JXI 400K Heater, Glacier GP215 Chiller, Polaris 3900 Cleaner, Jandy Aqualink Controls with PS8 remote, 6 ton rock waterfall and Intefab X-Stream 2 slide.

7. Back To Top    #7

Pearland Fall bid

Thanks for the help what did you do?

Also I am having the PB add bubblers to the tanning ledge and a second light and move both to side shining away from the house.

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes it is 34x16 with a 7x7 spa.

9. Back To Top    #9

Re: Pearland Fall/ Winter Build

Pool specifications: #4 rebar on 12" centers, 4 bar #4 bar bond beam, 2 skimmers w/2" independent drain lines, 2 main drains on 2" independent lines, plumb for spa w/2" return, Pentair Whisperflo 1 1/2" hp pump, Pentair clean and clear 320 sq. ft. cart. filter, 1 hp air blower for spa, Compool never lube valve 2" by 2 1/2" three way/two way valves, Pentair 400k btu heater, 4 deck jets, 2 Intellibrite 5G pool lights and 1 Intellibrite 5G spa light, Pentair Easytouch wireless w/IC40 size saltwater system, plaster w/quartz finish

- - - Updated - - -

I have been looking and learning a lot and I know people will suggest changes, but we are probably going to stick with what the PB quoted as we are really happy with the price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garttx View Post
    Fellow Pearlander here! Starting our build this week. Your pool looks very nice! Do you have any dimensions? The people on this site are a wealth of information! Looking forward to see how it goes.
    Congratulations on starting your new pool! Do you have a link so we can check out your build?

10. Back To Top    #10

Today we are submitting the application to the HOA. Slowly making baby steps. Also we are trying to schedule the house appraisal for the Home refinance loan.

11. Back To Top    #11

Pool specifications: #4 rebar on 12" centers, 4 bar #4 bar bond beam, 2 skimmers w/2" independent drain lines, 2 main drains on 2" independent lines, plumb for spa w/2" return, Pentair Whisperflo 1 1/2" hp pump, Pentair clean and clear 320 sq. ft. cart. filter, 1 hp air blower for spa, Compool never lube valve 2" by 2 1/2" three way/two way valves, Pentair 400k btu heater, 4 deck jets, 2 Intellibrite 5G pool lights and 1 Intellibrite 5G spa light, Pentair Easytouch wireless w/IC40 size saltwater system, plaster w/quartz finish

- - - Updated - - -

I have been looking and learning a lot and I know people will suggest changes, but we are probably going to stick with what the PB quoted as we are really happy with the price.

-
    I am building a 16x34 pool, no spa... I have two pumps, not 1 (one is for water features), both are the VS pumps, I have the 520 size filter, and easytouch 8, with IC60... Your pool seems a bit underpowered, especially with a spa. While you might be happy with the price, you may not be happy with all the work, and ultimate costs. The 420 filter size will have to be cleaned more often, the IC40 will have to run longer - so electric costs will be substantially more, and the VS pumps allow you to save more money on costs as you can dial down the speed (or up) depending on what its doing. I think at a minimum most recommend a 2 speed pump. Plus with one pump, I am not sure you will be able to watch your water features, while sitting in your spa with the jets going, without sacrificing the quality of the water flow... Also, the Easytouch 8 can run my yard lights, etc... you don't specify which easy touch you have, but with the 4, one is your pump, the other three will be spa light, pool light, and other pool light with no room for expansion like yard lights, the lights on your deck jets or possibly the light above your equipment?

Anyways.. just something to think about, and a heck of lot cheaper to make those changes now... I changed out my 4 to an 8 and IC40 to IC60 after I already had them, and the cost was only a few hundred bucks... the pumps might be a bit more, but will be well worth it IMO.
    Cement Pond <--- build - 15K gal, 16 x 34 Rectangle, All Pentair - 520 Filter, 2 Intelliflo 2VST pumps (3hp) - 1 filter/1 water features, EasyTouch 8, Screen Logic, IC60 SWG,
    Pop-up Cleaners (Wet Deck and steps), 2 LED Bubblers, 3 LED 24" waterfalls, 5G LED Pool Light, Quartscapes Reflections Tahoe Blue plaster, Real Coral coping/deck, TF-100 Test Kit, 1766 Salt test kit.

12. Back To Top    #12

Well I talked to our PB and it will cost about 1000 to up grade to 3HP VS and a bigger filter I think we are going to do it.

13. Back To Top    #13

Also we are going to have to have our electrical feed to our house relocated dose any body have an master electrician they can recommend?
    http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps4uppkae2.jpg

14. Back To Top    #14

Finally figured out how to post photos

15. Back To Top    #15

The line goes into our neighbors yard

16. Back To Top    #16

Okay I have one more question.

When do the people in Houston area start and end there swimming season?

I will have a heater but I am not sure I will want to use the heat the pool on a regular basis.

17. Back To Top    #17

Bump

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

Houston, we have a question.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. Saltwater w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, salt cell, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Groundbreaking: 2/14/13 | Plaster: 5/21/2013 | First Swim: 5/30/2013

19. Back To Top    #19

Okay I have one more question.

When do the people in Houston area start and end there swimming season?

I will have a heater but I am not sure I will want to use the heat the pool on a regular basis.
    Hey I am just starting build in Pearland. My brother and sister both have pools. My kids when the spa is heated will swim well into October jumping from spa to pool! Heck even last year at Christmas Day haha. I would say March to October is pushing it but April-September is more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Build in Process. 40 X 24 Freeform Gunite I/G Pool with Spa 30,000 Gallons, 109 Lf and 714sf, 4' to 8' depth, Jandy Stealth 2 Circulation Pump, Jandy 2.5 HP Feature Pump, Jandy 2 HP Pump for Spa, Jandy 580sf Filter, Jandy JXI 400K Heater, Glacier GP215 Chiller, Polaris 3900 Cleaner, Jandy Aqualink Controls with PS8 remote, 6 ton rock waterfall and Intefab X-Stream 2 slide.

20. Back To Top    #20

Thanks for the Info.
    My youngest daughter birthday is April 5th and I will most likely heat the pool so she can have a pool party if we are finished by then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast