Calling All DIY IG Vinyl Pool People - Check in here!

I have scoured TFP for all the DIY threads of In Ground Vinyl Pools, but I know there are more out there. If you have done a DIY build of an In Ground Vinyl Pool, please post below with a link to your thread!

If you don't have a thread to link to but have done a build, please share the details. I'm interested in what brand pool kit you purchased, size of pool, where you are located, what parts of the project you subcontracted, what you would do differently if you were to do it again, photos, and last but not least total cost (or breakdown of costs) if you are willing to share that info.

I think I have my husband convinced to bite the bullet, but am still gathering info. We are located in Northern California and this type of pool is not common here. But I think it would be the most cost effective route for a quality pool.

Thanks in advance for sharing!
icon11.png

I'm in Canada... so a bit different weatherwise (4' of frozen ground in February), but I grew up with an inground vinyl pool and now I'm installing my own.... actually, did a demolition on an old broken pool that came with the house I bought... that's a much bigger project than simply installing a new one, so don't let my pictures scare you off.

Gunite pools are not common here in Eastern Canada... vinyl inground is very common... fiberglass is getting popular as well. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute on the vinyl inground... liner choices are very nice nowadays, and you can do almost anything with them. Mine will be a bit boring, but we plan on making the surroundings nice... outdoor kitchen, etc.

My build thread is here: Rehab project in New Brunswick, Canada

My build was complicated by the fact that I can't get any machinery near the pool, with the exception of the deep end... lots of shovel and wheelbarrow work was done, glad that part is behind me! I'm also working on a budget and didn't have a pool kit ready to go... made some pieces myself. Would be much simpler buying a kit... but I saved some cash by working with what I had.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.