Is my skimmer too low?

Jul 9, 2016
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
You guys are always helpful in your opinions... what do you think? It just seems like once the tile is in place, that if the pool is ever more than full above half of the middle of the water tile that it will not work properly? I'm not sure how low the tile sits below the coping, but it just doesn't look right to me.

P8200538.jpg

Thanks again.

Your skimmer looks pretty much like mine. They are not done.. When they add the tile to the sides and bottom, I believe that it will be just fine.

I suspect they have put in a few skimmers before and know what they are doing. ;)

Jim R.

Makes sense.. on mine, they added about 2" of mud on the bottom and then slopped the tile down to the skimmer. It would make sense to just talk with your PB and let him put your mind at rest. It would also not hurt if it were possible for you to be there when the tile is being installed.

I was personally amazed as to how the various trades building my pool always did things that allowed the next team to just continue along without having to go back and do something over. A very simple example: When they bent the rebar that was to tie into the decking up. I thought how can it possible tie in if it is pointed up in the air. But, when the decking crew came, it allow them the access to do all the deck drains and get their rebar in and everything prepped. Once that was done, the decking crew bent the rebar back down and tied it in the decking rebar. Not that we didn't have a few issues, but for the most part, the various crews worked flawlessly together.

Jim R.

Just figure where 1/2 way to 2/3 up in the skimmer opening is and that's going to be where your water line is. Looks about right to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.