Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Jet Issue - Replacements?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Jet Issue - Replacements?

Can someone help me identify where/how I should replace these? I've got about 6 total in the pool and 2 of them always seem to get flipped/pushed out of alignment and spraying in some direction that I didn't intend. Not quite sure if I can find or buy just the center/circular pivot part in the middle of the jet housing or if I should replace the entire housing with a new part that includes the center/circular pivot part? Thanks!

Built 2003, 14k Gallons, IG Pebbletec, Primary Pump: Sta-Rite Intellipro VS, Sta-Rite Series 3 S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Fiberstars Jazz Light w/Color Wheel, Polaris 280 Vacuum (Runs Zodiac PB4-60 Booster Pump) and 2 Waterfalls (Run on separate, dedicated 1HP Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas II Pump).

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Re: Pool Jet Issue - Replacements?

This is some sort of insider fitting, usually fits into 1-1/2" pvc pipe. If they weren't glued you may be able to pry out and replace. Aquastar is the only website with different colors I could find. Otherwise if you know who built the pool you might ask if there still available

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I would think they would unscrew. The picture is of a different style but I'd think the fitting in the wall would be the same with threads so those eyeballs would be serviceable.

There might be a special tool that engages those two cut out areas where you might need to make something to give you a little leverage. Good link to different tools - - > Server Error
    I'm just guessing as I haven't seen that style before.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the input so far. I am curious of the slots in the housing that (as mentioned) are to either unscrew the housing from the pipe or service the eyeball. I am worried of trying to unscrew the housing and over-torqueing a glued housing and breaking something... or also messing with an eyeball that isn't meant to be serviced in the housing itself. Anybody definitely know how to service these? Or any recos on safe trial and error servicing technique?

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

You might also try INYO pools. Seem to ship quick and have lots of parts.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by RobDonnie77 View Post
    They are push in type. start prying them out with a flat headed screw driver.

- - - Updated - - -

Like this one Eyeball Inlet Return 40mm White Push in Universal Pool Spa Jet | eBay

They bulge out which is how they fit snugly inside the pvc pipe.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheaper here https://www.poolpartsonline.com/p-10...h7NBoC9_7w_wcB
    Nice, thanks. So provided they are not glued in, the entire housing should pop right out?

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by delirium330 View Post
    Nice, thanks. So provided they are not glued in, the entire housing should pop right out?
    Correct, they're called 1 1/2 self aligning slip returns. Sunplay. Com sells a replacement similar to my photo.
    10,000 gallons IG Freeform, 8ft raised spa,pebble finish
    FNS 60 Sqft DE Filter,2HP Whisperflow for Pool/Spa filtering
    2HP Whisperflow for Spa jets
    1HP Whisperflow for Waterfall
    Master Temp 400,000 Btu Heater

8. Back To Top    #8

I have a picture to upload but can't figure out how.....

Notice we have same type of pool finish.
    These were $5 each from sunplay.com
    These have a venturi built-in for better circulation.

9. Back To Top    #9

10. Back To Top    #10

Oh the picture I uploaded is of the defective fitting received from sunplay.com. They immediately shipped a correct replacement fitting. The fitting is missing the half moon cut out from inside of fitting. I've installed five of these in my pool and spa and I'm very pleases with the water circulation. They can be aimed upwards to give a relaxing water fall effect.

11. Back To Top    #11

I was able to find the original parts with the above posting help here (very bottom section): Fittings Eyeballs (Self-Aligning Return Fitting 3/4″ Eye (fits inside 1 1/2″ pipe))

Best price around the web for the originals is around $17 (shipping included). Would like to find something less expensive that can work, but also don't want to mess with pressure changes vs. original if I can avoid it since all is working well now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crudsrus View Post
    Oh the picture I uploaded is of the defective fitting received from sunplay.com. They immediately shipped a correct replacement fitting. The fitting is missing the half moon cut out from inside of fitting. I've installed five of these in my pool and spa and I'm very pleases with the water circulation. They can be aimed upwards to give a relaxing water fall effect.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
    What do you think of the negative reviews? Amazon.com : Infusion VRFSISDG Inlet Fitting Venturi 1-1/2 Garden
    Built 2003, 14k Gallons, IG Pebbletec, Primary Pump: Sta-Rite Intellipro VS, Sta-Rite Series 3 S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Fiberstars Jazz Light w/Color Wheel, Polaris 280 Vacuum (Runs Zodiac PB4-60 Booster Pump) and 2 Waterfalls (Run on separate, dedicated 1HP Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas II Pump).

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

The notches in the outer fitting are so you can flip the eyeball sideways and remove it. I'm almost positive the outer fitting wedges in a straight pipe similar to the Pentair Cascade bubbler.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by delirium330 View Post
    I was able to find the original parts with the above posting help here (very bottom section): Fittings Eyeballs (Self-Aligning Return Fitting 3/4″ Eye (fits inside 1 1/2″ pipe))

Best price around the web for the originals is around $17 (shipping included). Would like to find something less expensive that can work, but also don't want to mess with pressure changes vs. original if I can avoid it since all is working well now.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you think of the negative reviews? Amazon.com : Infusion VRFSISDG Inlet Fitting Venturi 1-1/2 Garden
    The venturi fittings are working fine for my pool and spa. I've noticed increased circulation of water and I love the ability to adjust the returns upwards. I would give them 5 stars.