Blower Problem, Jacuzzi J-480

Y-Guy

Aug 20, 2016
Tri-Cities, WA
Hello and thanks for providing the forum. I've been doing some reading on my issue but hoping for some advice before I call the service guy.

We picked up a used 2008 Jacuzzi J-480 last January.

The J-480 has 2 pumps. Pump 2 controls the Jets for 2 seats, plus the water fall. The water fall can run all the time if wanted. Normally I leave it running on low as the system circulates. Right now the water fall is not coming on unless I turn on the pump. Currently if the jet is off, there is no flow to the waterfall. If the pump is turned on (only on/off not a off/low/high) the waterfall runs, but the seat jets to not. No jets and no bubbles. When I turn on the switch for that pump the water fall begins to flow and I can hear a humm, that humm lasts for several seconds then stops - it sounds like a switch. After a minute or so I can hear it activate again. This makes me think I am getting flow through the circulation side but not through the primary side (I hope that makes some sense. I do not think I have a air lock, but I haven't ruled that completely out either.

I have tried using my shop vac to clear the lines by blowing air through the diverter that would normally divert water between the two seats on that line. I have also done a drain and fill, the problem remained even after the fill. I have also tried using the hose to spray into several jets and I've used the ShopVac to blow into the waterfall diverter as well.

The problem remains though. I still have no water to the seats, though the waterfall works.

The other pump works just fine.

Any thoughts or advice? I am working slowly on removing the skirt, but because it's up to the deck that's a bit of a pain.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Thank you for approving my post :)

I opened up the skirt and was able to access and see the pump in question. It appears that the motor is not turning, I'm not sure if this is the impeller being blocked or the motor has locked up - I am thinking the impeller. I'm draining the hot tub so that I can try to open up the impeller "wet side" and see if that is the problem. The humm is definitely coming from that motor, my gut says it's humming since it's unable to turn and the internal circuit breaker is shutting itself down to prevent damage.

The water fall must be run off the other pump as it was running fine, go figure. I only see 2 pumps, unless there is a circulation pump out of my view.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.