Jandy RS 6 not turning off solar

I have had the Jandy RS 6 all button system working for 12 years. Last week I noticed that the pool temp shot up to 89 degrees. I have solar panels and have the pool temp set at 84.

My research found that the valve to the solar panels stays open even when I turn solar off with the panel in the house or at the panel at the equipment. Light inside comes on red and light at equipment panel also turns red when I turn it on. I can move the dip switch on the valve and it will close and open, so I know the valve motor is functioning.

Turned it over to my home warranty and the repair person says I need a new circuit board at the panel near the equipment. Quote is $900! Of course home warranty company says it is not covered (First American Home Protection basically covers nothing but that's for another fourm).

To me it seems like a lot to fix a small problem. Any suggestions to further trouble shot before dropping $900 on it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.