Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy RS 6 not turning off solar

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy RS 6 not turning off solar

I have had the Jandy RS 6 all button system working for 12 years. Last week I noticed that the pool temp shot up to 89 degrees. I have solar panels and have the pool temp set at 84.

My research found that the valve to the solar panels stays open even when I turn solar off with the panel in the house or at the panel at the equipment. Light inside comes on red and light at equipment panel also turns red when I turn it on. I can move the dip switch on the valve and it will close and open, so I know the valve motor is functioning.

Turned it over to my home warranty and the repair person says I need a new circuit board at the panel near the equipment. Quote is $900! Of course home warranty company says it is not covered (First American Home Protection basically covers nothing but that's for another fourm).

To me it seems like a lot to fix a small problem. Any suggestions to further trouble shot before dropping $900 on it?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy RS 6 not turning off solar

There is a guy that repairs the boards in santa rosa for 150 dollars. Give him a a call

http://www.bpelectronics.com/
    18,000 gunite pool/spa combo. Pebble tec, iaqualink rs8, cl580 filter, aquapure 1400, 400k btu lx heater, 10 solar panels, jandy 1hp, 1 1/2hp, and 2hp stealth pumps for circ, spa, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Did you check the temp sensor

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Rossterman View Post
    There is a guy that repairs the boards in santa rosa for 150 dollars. Give him a a call

http://www.bpelectronics.com/
    Thanks. I'll give him a call tomorrow. Is the board easy to remove?

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by mwollert View Post
    Thanks. I'll give him a call tomorrow. Is the board easy to remove?
    20mins at most. Just make a notation of how/where wires connect. Also make sure to cut all power to the panel first!
    18,000 gunite pool/spa combo. Pebble tec, iaqualink rs8, cl580 filter, aquapure 1400, 400k btu lx heater, 10 solar panels, jandy 1hp, 1 1/2hp, and 2hp stealth pumps for circ, spa, waterfall