New liner pool with iC40 swg

Cuatro,

I suggest you get the Taylor 1766 Salt Test Kit. Once you are confident that the IC40 is reporting the correct salt reading by comparing it to the 1766 results, then adding salt when the IC40 says it is low is ok. If, however, it keeps asking for salt, something is wrong. You should only need to add salt twice or three times a year.

I buy my salt at Lowes or Home Depot. My understating is as long as it is 99.9% salt then any salt is ok. I am not sure about salt from a feed store, so maybe others will chime in..

Jim R.

If you are starting from scratch and are confident of your pool volume, you can use Pool Math to calculate how much salt to add for a target of 3400 ppm.

The salt needs to be 99% pure. Lots of us use water softener salt from HD or Lowes. Its pure and cost several dollars less than pool salt. If the salt at the feed store doesnt say its 99 pure on the bag, then you shouldnt use it.

Also, if starting from scratch, you shoult wait 24 hrs after adding salt before you turn on the SWG.

If you are just low on salt and have a low salt light on. Add 2 bags and let it mix a while and see if the red light turns green. If it does, your're good. If not, add 2 more. If after that, you dont have a green light, I would recommend the salt test kit that Jim mentions.

What is the best method for keeping you salt level right? Just add when ic40 says low salt?
where is best place to buy salt? Can i use bulk salt in 50 pound bags from the feed store?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.