Jandy AquaPure Tri-Sensor - R0452500 - can't set production rate?

Dec 10, 2010
Was getting the "no flow" with no error codes on a Jandy AquaPure 1400 system. Tried cleaning the filter and the sensor - as well as removing the jumper and hitting the white calibration button on the daughter card to no avail. Ordered a new Tri-Sensor - got the R0452500 model - newer one that doesn't use the daughter card and has the module that sits outside the control panel box. Installation was straight forward - no issues - according to the instructions - and the firmware - i set the control module to Pgm B. The sensor is now getting Flow - everything looks good except - i cannot set the Production Rate on the Control Panel LED - it is stuck at 00% and subsequently the "Cell On" light does not come on. i tried switching to Pgm A - same result. Any ideas? Thanks ....

Thanks for the reply JamesW. So - i switched the panel into "Service Mode" and i am now able to set the production rate - and doing so the Cell On Led came on. Everything looked good. I put it back in "Auto mode" the production rate reads 00% and the Cell On Led is not lit up. On the controller inside the house - i see there is a new option for SWG Production rate - that is set for 40%. I am not sure what i'm missing but it doesn't appear to be working in Auto mode?

Update - put a call into Jandy Tech Support ..... they confirmed that you are suppose to see the actual production rate when in Auto mode .... as far as troubleshooting the issue - essentially said i needed to call a pool technician.

Another update - not ready to call a pool guy just yet. The Jandy Tech support indicated i needed to call a pool technician because it was probably something with the main circuit board that they needed to test. Got me thinking - right next to the connector for the sensor on the circuit board is the connector for the Jandy PDA. We haven't used ours in years, however, when i had originally began looking at the problem - i.e. messing with the daughtercard on the original style sensor - i had noticed that the connector for the Jandy PDA had become unplugged - thought i might have done when i was taking the cover off or something - so i reconnected. Was thinking - could it be? Worth a try - so powered off everything - disconnected the connector for the Jandy PDA - and fired it back up. Voila! - now it is working in Auto mode. So - needless to say something not right with the Jandy PDA I can deal with it later main concern at this point is the SWG and it appears to be working correctly. My guess is a pool technician had previously figured it out and unplugged it and never mentioned it to me.

That is Jandy's answer to everything. Quite often, the pool technician fixes the problem by replacing a circuit board using the trial and error method. There is a troubleshooting document floating around the web that has some test procedures. Try Google to find it.

It sure seems that way and i think i've seen the flowchart. This forum has been invaluable as far as saving $$$ and keeping pool technicians honest. Without it you're pretty much at their mercy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.