Intex Saltwater system with Doughboy sand filter

Typerc

Jun 3, 2009
Just wondering if anyone has any experience in hooking up the Intex saltwater chlorine generator to a doughboy pump (power pak II) with a sand filter.

1. Can this be done?
2. Is the salt affected by going through the sand filter before it reaches the generator?
3. Is the hookup the same? Skimmer goes to sand filter, then hose comes from sand filter to chlorine generator?

Please advise as soon as possible, as to if this can even be done, as we are trying to hook this up tonight.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

I don't have a doughboy sand filter, but I do have a sand filter and the intex saltwater generator. I have had it hooked up for awhile now. I love it.
1.) It can be done.
2.) I'm not sure if the salt is effected by the sand filter. I doubt it tho because the salt is dissolved into the water.
3.) I know when you hook the saltwater generator up, it has to be the last thing going into the pool. So the hookup is skimmer to sand filter to saltwater generator to pool. The one thing I noticed about the running time suggested for the saltwater generator is too much. It was producing too much FC for me. I also set it up so that the sand filter is running about 10 mins before the saltwater generator turns on.

Hope this helps you some.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate the info. I have an Intex saltwater generator hooked to my pool, which is also an Intex, but my friend wants to hook one up to a dougboy pool, and we just wanted to be sure that it could be done with a sand filter.

Thanks again for the info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.