Dolphin 300i Won't Clean Stairs or Shelf

bonnieboop

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Sep 18, 2015
Concord, MA
Hi,
I purchased a Dolphin 300i for my new pool and I've used it (on full clean mode -- floor & walls), 8 times now. The first thing that happened was that the mesh insert started fraying -- disappointing at best. I had to call Maytronics no less than 5-times to get someone to agree to replace it -- only to find out that it's backordered and won't arrive until September. Maytronics customer service leaves a lot to be desired -- they are not particularly responsive, IMHO.

The thing that's really troubling me is the 300i barely climbs my pool steps and it does not climb my shelves. Unfortunately, a lot of silt tends to gather on both the stairs and the shelves and when I brush the shelves and stairs, the silt settles right at the bottom of each one. The 300i doesn't get close enough to the edge of the pool stairs or shelf to vacuum up the brushed-off silt. Hence, no matter what I do, I can't get the robot to properly clean the pool so that it sparkles and is truly free of silt. It's annoying. And I really don't want to have to break out the manual vacuum in order to get the silt on the stairs or shelves. I don't mind brushing them in order to get the silt to settle on the pool floor, but even then, the robot doesn't seem to go near that part of the pool. Help -- any advice? Anyone experience the same thing? Am I doing something wrong here?

I brush the stairs and the tanning ledge twice daily, and let the robot (dolphin primal) handle the rest. My pool gets pretty dirty from nearby trees and vegetation, I run the robot as much as 3 times daily when the weather is windy. But there are some areas it just can't get so I spend a minute or two brushing those spots, and I haven't manually vacuumed since I got the robot two years ago.

I have a dolphin triton plus and it doesn't do well on the stairs either. I brush once a week... my lab keeps the water moving on the stairs several times a day, so I don't get much of silt build up :)

NOTHING that is autonomous will clean stairs well (just too narrow to accommodate a robot/cleaner). The best solution is to sweep the stuff on the stairs onto the pool floor before you run your cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.