Help Calculating Gunnite Yardage

Jun 5, 2014
Cream Ridge NJ
I am in the planning stages and I am GC'ing the job. I need help calculating the yardage of Gunnite or Shotcrete needed. The pool is 45 x 25 and will be 42" to 9'. Also, putting in a Spa of 10' diameter. I see walls are 8" thick usually and floors 6". I am in New Jersey on sand.

Can someone share the square yardage necessary to get quotes from the suppliers?

Chris

I'm getting about 38 yards(call it 40) at nearly 2000 sq ft of surface area based off an average depth of 60". At 6" thick, each yard will cover approximately 54 sq ft. Keep in mind that a great deal depends on how accurate the forms and dig are. Rebound, waste, and the actual location of the transition slope to the deep end are also an unknown.

This is why most gunite/shotcrete installers will give you a price per yard (currently averaging $180-$200 per foot in my area)...the more you shoot, the more you pay and the guesswork is eliminated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.