cloudy with SWG

Jun 5, 2011
Buffalo, N.Y.
Is it possible for the pool to become cloudy if the salt level is to high? I'm using an Auto pilot and all my other levels are right on according to the pool math calculator except the readout on the pool pilot says Im at 4000 ppm of salt. It happened by accident looking at the readings to soon after adding salt , the readout said to add 100 lbs so I did. It doesnt help that we are in a drought and havent had real rain to dilute it during the summer. Thanks

last results were FC 8.5 CC.5 TC 9.0 PH 7.2 TA 110 CH 100-110 CYA 70 I did do an overnight chlorine drop test and it was good but I didn't wright down the results . The only other thing I can think of is an undersized filter for the pool, water temp has been steady around 88 sand filter running about 8hrs a day

You numbers look good. I certainly wouldn't worry about the PH causing cloudiness. For the kinds of things that might precipitate out of the water a lower PH would help prevent that.

Were your FC levels low at any point - and then get bumped up? The most likely explanation is an unseen algae bloom and the sand filter being slow to filter.

Brush, vacuum, a little DE in the filter if you like. And some POP (Pool owner patience :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.