Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Enviroswim vs Hydroxypure (perox) vs ozone SWIM?

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Enviroswim vs Hydroxypure (perox) vs ozone SWIM?

Seeing the industry rapidly moving on from chlorine and narrowed it to the above. Any experience here with these, plusses and negatives please?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Enviroswim vs Hydroxypure (perox) vs ozone SWIM?

I think you'll find all good bit of resistance to your claim that the industry is quickly moving away from chlorine. The only area of the industry I've seen moving from chlorine is at the Rio Diving pool. Time and time again a well maintained chlorine pool is cheaper and easier on the skin than one maintained by "alternative" methods. Take a look at these discussions pertaining to Enviroswim and Hydroxypure. Both have major issues that goes with the few positives people claim.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Negatives: Neither are approved by the EPA for use as a primary sanitizer.

Pluses: They make a lot of money for the people selling them (well, this is a plus for the salesperson).

I would like to know where you see any indication of "the industry" moving away from chlorine at all, let alone rapidly. I have occasionally seen that claim over the past decade plus yet nobody has offered any evidence to support this claim and "the industry" seems quite happy to continue selling chlorine. In fact the only approved sanitation system outside chlorine/bromine is Baquacil and every industry member I know (a few dozen) refuse to work with the stuff. Seems to me chlorine is doing quite well.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi. Been using Hydroxpure in my pool in Malaysia by waterco the last 1 year. I failed to do adequate research, trusted the fact that the worldwide factory operations was in Malaysia - waterco and thus felt, since they were big guys, it's unlikely I was gonna have problems. My nightmare strayed 3 months after installing the system. It gets frequently green almost 2-3 months since. Their support is pretty good, but my warranty is nearing the end and my last catastrophe was a few weeks ago.
    I find whenever my perox gets used up within a few days, trouble is brewing and the green nightmare returns.
    They have converted to perox 395 over the last 2 years and it's remains poor.
    The cost is tremendous - approx AUD 300-400/ month.
    They have verbally promised me a refund if the problem recurs- I feel it's gonna be inevitable.
    I must add though, in weeks when it works- it's the best thing ever. Crystal clear water. No bath required and my kids just love it. I am just very very unhappy with the sensitivity of the system. I will NOT recommend this to anyone.