Raypak Heater Reading "Rollout SW Open"ul

Aug 19, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Was wondering if someone could please help me out on this; I have a Raypak Natural Gas Heater (auto start) bought and installed in 2013 and just turned it on to heat the pool and it's reading "Rollout SW Open". I have read elsewhere on this site someone having a similar problem and have established that the rollout switch is open and I have found it. It does not have a button to restart it, I am wondering if there is anything I can do before having to call for service? I have cut the power and turned it back on; turned off the gas shut-off and turned it back on, and opened the panel and cleaned all the debris I could with a rag. Any help would be much appreciated.

Was wondering if someone could please help me out on this; I have a Raypak Natural Gas Heater (auto start) bought and installed in 2013 and just turned it on to heat the pool and it's reading "Rollout SW Open". I have read elsewhere on this site someone having a similar problem and have established that the rollout switch is open and I have found it. It does not have a button to restart it, I am wondering if there is anything I can do before having to call for service? I have cut the power and turned it back on; turned off the gas shut-off and turned it back on, and opened the panel and cleaned all the debris I could with a rag. Any help would be much appreciated.

Just an update regarding this three years later. Got the heat exchanger cleaned about a year after this happened and still rolling out. The tech said it wasn't all that dirty. Heater just rolled out again after a touch of wind. Control panel went at the end of last season so I replaced that myself; works now.

The pool heater is located in Toronto Canada, no pool shed around any of the equipment and I am in an area that backs onto a ravine. Lots of trees, wildlife and bugs surround my property. I clean the machine as best as I can at the start of the season only to find out I clean it again towards the end of the season.

I'm thinking I may need a pool shed around the area? Another tech told me to get a chimney for it too? What do you recommend? I'm on my third or forth rollout switch in six years!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.