Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aerating

1. Back To Top    #1

New Haven CT

Well it's been close to a week and the pool water is now clear as tap water. I was in there today and really enjoyed it. Thanks again for the support.

I work with a guy who fit 90" street elbows in his returns to move the water in one direction and said they really helped keep the pool clean.

My question is with aerating and something like what my buddy did. With everything balanced does it make any difference to do this?

I recall as a kid with our above ground pools the return hose was always above the water level.

New Haven, CT
    16 x 32 x 8 in-ground vinyl , sand filter
    22,000 gallons
    Leslie test kit, TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Aerating

If you're splashing and making bubbles, or rippling the surface with your returns, you're going to be getting aeration. If you have the returns aimed down to create a circular motion in the water, you should be just fine aeration wise.
    12,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    PentAir WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, PentAir CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, PentAir SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D