Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool cleaner stuck between steps and wall

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool cleaner stuck between steps and wall

I have a AG 21' that has wedding cake steps. (It's buried in the ground three feet) We have the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark cleaner that works on the skimmer. It keeps getting stuck between the pool wall and the steps. The steps are to unwieldy to take out every day and we have a lot of trees. Is there a way to remedy this, or should we just return it. What would be a better solution for our pool if the Shark won't work?
    Tinker toes 201
    21'x52" vinyl liner above ground pool, sunk 3' in ground
    brand unknown
    sand filter and pump
    Intex SWCG (15,000 gal.)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool cleaner stuck between steps and wall

I had a problem with my shark getting stuck behind my ladder but made an easy fix with 1" PVC. I can take a pic tomorrow but imagine this shape behind a ladder between it and the wall. It's just two 45 elbows and 3 sections of pipe with end caps. You might be able to modify this strategy.

\____/

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Try taking a section of hose off,see what happens

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here

If I had enough money, I'd buy a robotic cleaner to get brushing as well as vacuuming, but otherwise for just the vacuuming, I would buy one of these two, if I was in your situation:

Hayward "The Pool Cleaner" Hayward Poolvergnuegen Pool Cleaner 896584000-518 | 2-Wheel, Limited Edition

or:

Pentair Warrior Pentair Kreepy Krauly Warrior - Suction Side Cleaner - 360302 - INYOPools.com
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

5. Back To Top    #5