Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Empty Jacuzzi Water Into Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Empty Jacuzzi Water Into Pool

I need to replace a part on the bottom of my jacuzzi, and it would make my life a million times easier if I could empty it first.

I was talking to a sales guy at my pool store and he said there was a switch that would empty the jacuzzi water into the pool. Where/what would that be?

Is this possible? If there is no switch, any suggestions on how I can do this?
    23,000 Gallons Plaster Pool & Spa (1989). Hayward Super II 1.5 HP Pool Pump (Single Speed). Cartridge filter. Kit Tester: Taylor K-2006.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Empty Jacuzzi Water Into Pool

The only way for us to know this would be to see your plumbing. Can you attach a pic? If not, I suppose you could use a sump pump.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know what setup you have but I have Jandy auto valves that have a toggle switch on the side. In my case the up position would pump the water from the main drains into the pool and close the return in the spa. I think you need to be in spa mode for this to work in my case.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

4. Back To Top    #4

So what should i Do? take pictures of my pool equipment? What do you guys need from me?
    23,000 Gallons Plaster Pool & Spa (1989). Hayward Super II 1.5 HP Pool Pump (Single Speed). Cartridge filter. Kit Tester: Taylor K-2006.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

What wjr75 said,

How do you switch from pool to spa? Manual or automated? Short version you need to change the suction from pool main drain/skimmer to spa suction and leave the return valve on pool. If you have a common line (spillover) shut that valve if possible to hasten the process.

Edit: Or just hook your manual vacuum hose to the skimmer and put the pole with vac head attached in the spa.