Remedy needed: Scale buildup after SWG in Cleaning Valve

Aug 19, 2016
Glendale
I recently installed a Pentair SWG on my diving pool. Since installing I am getting white scale (at least that is what I think it is) buildup on the screen filter on my Caretaker cleaning valve. Has anyone experienced this before? It effects the efficiency of the cleaning system.

How can I treat? Or is there anything that I can do to reduce?

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

We'd love to help but can't do much without reliable test results. For that you'll need a recommended test kit, either the TF100 or the K-2006

The TF100 is the most often recommended test kit here at TFP because it includes extra reagents that we use the most for Trouble Free Pool Care (TFPC).
TFTestkits.net

This is an entirely blind and personal comment, and can not be relied upon in the way other advice here at TFP can be relied upon, but sometimes slightly lower pH helps with scale and doesn't aggravate any other issue. I would not go below 7.4 while flying blind without reliable test results.

If you have been using dry acid to correct pH, switch to muriatic acid now that you have an SWG.

To get the best possible advice here at TFP, click the link in my signature that says "Read Before Posting" where there are complete and concise instructions that are helpful.

Welcome to TFP!

You have hard water, high evaporation and low rainfall which leads to water with high scale potential. It is fairly easy to prevent scale in your pool by managing your CSI between -0.3 and 0. With the good test kit suggested by needsajet you can enter all your test results into PoolMath and it will give you your CSI number. Tweak PH and TA to adjust the CSI. More here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.