I have a company coming out to resurface my old plaster to a newer pebble-sheen surface. They were supposed to start last week, but unfortunately they've hit a lot of delays due to being very tightly booked in the summer and we've had some bad weather here lately.
The bad news is that I'm going out of town in the middle of September, and I'm worried with the delays that there won't be enough time for the new plaster to stabilize before I leave.
Assuming they're able to start next week, and it takes them a few days to finish, I will have just about 3 weeks before I leave town(I'll be gone for two weeks after that).
I'll be able to keep an eye on the pool daily up to that point though, and I'll be having a friend come and put in some chlorine to keep the algae at bay while I'm gone(I don't think my liquidator will quite last two weeks) however I'm not sure that I'd trust him to do a full test and balance all the levels properly.
Is this potentially a bad idea and I should just put off the resurface until I get back? Or should it be fine within that 3 weeks and I can just have someone keep the FC maintained while I'm gone?