Need new Chlorinator to go with Zodiac iAquaLink system

Apr 23, 2013
San Diego, CA
My ClevaChlor RP30HD cell is starting to fail after 9 years. ChlevaChlor, an Australian company, is no longer in business. I need some advise on how to proceed.

A few years ago I upgraded my pump to a Pentair IntelliFlo VSP, and upgraded my control panel to the iAquaLink RS in order to support the VSP and provide remote control of the system. If I have to replace my entire SWG system, I'd like to get something that will take advantage of the upgraded iAquaLink system and its functionality. My existing SWG system has its own control box where I can adjust chlorine output and it provides limited feedback. It turns on and off with the pump. It would be nice to be able to control the chlorinator remotely through the iAquaLink system. I don't know if that's even possible. My knowledge on these systems is limited, so forgive me if my questions are silly?

Is there a replacement cell for the ClevaChlor RP30HD that is reputable?

If not:
Is there a SWG system that can interface seamlessly with my iAquaLink system?
Do I need to have a separate controller for the new chlorinator, or can my iAquaLink controller control the SWG cell?

I was looking at the Jandy AquaPure PLC1400 system. Do I need to buy a separate controller for this system?

I live in San Diego. See equipment below. Thanks for your help.

The PLC1400 cell will work. You need to make sure that you have the Chlorine Generator User Interface and the Chlorine Generator Power Interface Board. The PIB (Power Interface board) connects to the automation with a 4 wire connector. The user interface connects to the PIB. The cell gets plumbed in. The cell cord connects to the cell and the PIB. The cell comes with a trisensor and the trisensor connects to the PIB via its own wire connector
Check with Jandy about specific parts you already have and which parts you need to add.

Thanks for the feedback. I did some more research today. I think this is all I need to add the PLC1400 to my existing system.

Its a little pricey, but I think it will be a good fit. I should be able to install it myself. I will be giving Jandy a call on Monday to get some more info.

Just a quick update. I ended up buying an AutoPilot Pool Pilot Digital complete system kit from Josh at SaltPoolGuys.com.
I installed it yesterday and everything seems to be working perfectly. I'm still learning the interface and settings but so far it seems pretty intuitive and straight forward. I decided to go with SaltPoolGuys.com largely because of Josh's reputation here on TFP.com for outstanding customer service. Josh has been very helpful in answering my many questions and its nice to know that I have a place to go if I have any future problems with the unit.

No, I just leave it on. My old system was the same way. A little extra chlorine is not going to hurt anything.

There is a kit you can buy to tie the autopilot system into the Aqualink controler, but if you do that, then you lose the automatic water temperature adjustment feature of the chlorinator. I did not want to lose that feature. It will increase the chlorine output automatically as the water temperature increases. That's a really nice feature.

I used to run my SWG while the spa was on, but I now turn it off every time. The amount of water in a spa is minimal and if a SWG is on the FC will rise in that small body of water very fast.

For example, every hour a RC-42 will add over 6ppm of FC in a 600 gallon spa running at 50%.

I notice a difference in the smell of the water between leaving the SWG on or turning it off during a soaking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.