Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IC40 Spa Settings

1. Back To Top    #1

IC40 Spa Settings

I was looking through the ScreenLogic manual at the Chrolinator section and saw under the Pool Output % setting:

"The IntelliTouch control system will automatically drop the chlorine output levels to 1/20 the output when the Spa mode is switched on."

If this is the case, what is the Spa Output % setting even for? Is it the % of the 1/20 then? I was just confused when I read this and wondered if anyone could clarify. Thanks!
    15,000 gal fiberglass pool with built in spa and tanning ledge (Leisure Pools Ultimate 35), Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Intelliflo XF spa pump, Pentair 250k heater, Easytouch 8 with Screenlogic, Pentair IC 40 SWG, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 cartridge filter, 4 GloBright Pool Lights, 1 GloBright Spa Light, Coverstar Auto Cover, Interfab X-treme 2 Slide, 4 deck jets, Dolphin Oasis Z5 robotic cleaner, TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IC40 Spa Settings

cd,

In the Spa mode, the IC40's output will automatically default to 1/20th of the Pool percentage, unless you override it, then it will be whatever you set it to be.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

So the 1/20 is just the initial default and as soon as I changed it, that is overridden? Since it is a spillover spa, wouldn't I want to keep the pool and spa settings the same?
    15,000 gal fiberglass pool with built in spa and tanning ledge (Leisure Pools Ultimate 35), Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Intelliflo XF spa pump, Pentair 250k heater, Easytouch 8 with Screenlogic, Pentair IC 40 SWG, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 cartridge filter, 4 GloBright Pool Lights, 1 GloBright Spa Light, Coverstar Auto Cover, Interfab X-treme 2 Slide, 4 deck jets, Dolphin Oasis Z5 robotic cleaner, TF-100 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

cd,

Kind-of depends on you. While Spillovers look amazing, and are great to impress your visitors, they also can drive pH through the roof due to all the aeration. A lot of people don't leave the spillover running except when they want it to run.

Also, if you want to use the Spa, with the heater on, then you will dumping hot water into the pool, which I would think would making heating the Spa harder. (I don't have a Spa, so I'm no expert here)

And finally, if you are in the Spa mode, all the chorine that is generated by the IC40 will be pumped into the confined space of the Spa, where you are sitting. I suspect Pentair designed it the way they did to prevent you from bathing in chlorine.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.