Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circulation Modification

1. Back To Top    #1

Circulation Modification

IMG_20160813_105039663[1].jpg
    I used a vacum attachment that was not needed, drilled a hole in it, and attached a 1&1/2 inch 90 degree elbow using a slip fitting on the back side. I didn't glue anything so it can be diverted in any direction. Really really helps the water to circulate with the small pumps that come with above ground pools.
    IMG_20160813_105023086[1].jpg
    Used in conjunction with a decent skimmer my pool stays WAY cleaner than before. I might mention I use an old panty hose leg around the skimmer basket to catch a LOT of smaller debris before it gets into the filter cartridge. I still check/clean the filter every 2-3 days to make sure everything is clean and I have good water flow.
    I used to have to vacume the pool every day or two. Now I can go about a week. I am a bit OCD and can't stand dirt & debris in my water.
    16' x 48" Coleman Power Steel Frame AG. 6000 gal. Intex 633T 2500gph.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Circulation Modification

Nice work!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Circulation Modification

Thanks Texas Splash
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Nice work!
    16' x 48" Coleman Power Steel Frame AG. 6000 gal. Intex 633T 2500gph.