How to care for my pool after 10 inches of rain in 7 days

Jun 8, 2016
Austin, Texas
It goes without saying that my pool chemistry (which I just got all settled and happy a few weeks ago) is now completely out of whack. We have received over 10 inches of rain in the last 7 days and have had to drain the water three times! Today is our ONE dry day before another system moves in over the weekend. Weather promises a dry out after that.

I know that I will need to add salt, correct the pH and possibly add CYA - my questions are.... what should I do first? And should I do anything today or just wait until the rain is completely gone next week?

TIA!

I'll bet you aren't as bad off as you think. But, it's test first, then pH, FC next (in case your SWG hasn't been keeping up), CYA and then salt.

As Mr. Bruce stated, you will be surprised that not much has changed. If you removed a few inches of water, the drop in your levels will be insignificant to really throw off your chemicals. My pool is half your size and the PH was not affected with a lot of rain. I did drain some water, twice due to heavy rain and have had to add water(a few times this year due to a little evaporation). From what I can gather, only CYA was affected and usually we get enough rain just to keep things moving along.

If you have test results from before and after all the rain, we would love to see how the rain affected everything. Outside of this, please follow the recommendations in which order adjustments should be made.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.