Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump percentages

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump percentages

I have a question regarding my SWG. On my Pentair easy touch, I can modify my output by 1% up and down. Does the Intellichlor really modify output at this detailed level, or is it simply in the larger increments located on the machine that light up?

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump percentages

If you have an EasyTouch, the SWG changes in 1% increments, just as requested. The lights on the SWG itself, obviously only show in 20% increments. So, it you set your EasyTouch for 40% you see two lights, if you set the EasyTouch for 55% you get three lights, etc. The lights just give you a general idea of what % is set.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you! I've been adjusting back and forth from 70-60 and there seems to be such a big difference in output it got me wondering. Suppose I'll drop it to 69 and work my way from there.

4. Back To Top    #4

Multiply your % by 60 and the SWG will run that # of minutes per 1 hour. 1% increments are not going to make much difference. Use the calculator in my signature to create a chart to determine the pump/% that is right for your pool.
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you! I don't see your signature in the response. Where can I find it?

6. Back To Top    #6

Signatures don't shoe the same on mobile
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator