Rainy cool weather N. Texas

mepcards

Sep 15, 2015
mesquite,tx
Our pool season was already delayed this year with the water colder than normal, and now abnormal cool rainy weather here in August. How many weeks left do we have? Only mother nature will tell...Crazy Texas weather..

My water temp was pushing 98 a couple weeks ago because I wasn't running my aerating fountain much. The temp dropped 10 degrees this past week and I know I need to add more stabilizer after all the excess water drains I've had to do. My gas can is full as well as I prepare for some crazy grass cutting this weekend. :p Looks like a jungle in my backyard.

The warmest my water reached was 96, and that's during the string of over 100 degree, and when my wifes nephew reached up and broke our fountain..lol..I replaced and water temp went back down to 90...After all this rain and clouds, the temp as of yesterday was 85...

Yeah, it's too dang cold outside! Highs in the 70s? Ack! Bring the heat! We were keeping it upper 80s to low 90s running solar at night. 88-92. 92 feels great when it's 100+!

Solar cover on in August and trying to get some solar heat. :crazy:

Mine is currently sitting at 79 degrees. Averaged an inch of rain and solid overcast with high of 82 over last 5 days. Next week isn't looking any better. Losing 2 weeks solid of pool time in August in Texas? UNHEARD OF! But then again, I'll be in Orange Beach Alabama next week! Newbie next door has still been running his aerator all week!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.