Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rainy cool weather N. Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

Rainy cool weather N. Texas

Our pool season was already delayed this year with the water colder than normal, and now abnormal cool rainy weather here in August. How many weeks left do we have? Only mother nature will tell...Crazy Texas weather..
    24x16 doughboy Summerville..22" Waterway "sand" 1.5 HP 2sp motor..Misty Falls liner, and wedding cake stairs..

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rainy cool weather N. Texas

No kidding, and we could sure use the normal August heat having missed most of the summer here at our place.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

This has been a very fast pool season...Seems like we have only been in a few times..lol...Oh well, it wont be long and ill crank up the hot tub...
    24x16 doughboy Summerville..22" Waterway "sand" 1.5 HP 2sp motor..Misty Falls liner, and wedding cake stairs..

4. Back To Top    #4

My water temp was pushing 98 a couple weeks ago because I wasn't running my aerating fountain much. The temp dropped 10 degrees this past week and I know I need to add more stabilizer after all the excess water drains I've had to do. My gas can is full as well as I prepare for some crazy grass cutting this weekend. Looks like a jungle in my backyard.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

The warmest my water reached was 96, and that's during the string of over 100 degree, and when my wifes nephew reached up and broke our fountain..lol..I replaced and water temp went back down to 90...After all this rain and clouds, the temp as of yesterday was 85...

6. Back To Top    #6

Yeah, it's too dang cold outside! Highs in the 70s? Ack! Bring the heat! We were keeping it upper 80s to low 90s running solar at night. 88-92. 92 feels great when it's 100+!

Solar cover on in August and trying to get some solar heat.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Mine is currently sitting at 79 degrees. Averaged an inch of rain and solid overcast with high of 82 over last 5 days. Next week isn't looking any better. Losing 2 weeks solid of pool time in August in Texas? UNHEARD OF! But then again, I'll be in Orange Beach Alabama next week! Newbie next door has still been running his aerator all week!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

8. Back To Top    #8

Mine is sitting at 82 for the last 6 days. Crazy for Austin! Already fired up the hot tub once
    13k Gallon IG Pebble w/ attached Spa, AquaRite T-Cell-15 SWG, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 2 HP Pump, Hayward 400k Heater, TF-100 Kit, Pool Logger

9. Back To Top    #9

I got new glasses last Monday and have no idea if the Transition color changing lenses work or not yet!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!