Waterfall problems

cdc515

Aug 19, 2016
Manalapan/New Jersey
I am in the middle of a backyard renovation. The pool contractor just installed two 5 foot waterfalls in a raised patio wall. He ran a 1.5 inch PVC pipe and then he "T" it and did a loop to both waterfalls for even water distribution.

When we turned them on the water just trickled out of the waterfalls.

He instructed me that this was due to not enough water flow and he told me i needed to install a booster pump dedicated to the waterfall.

He came and installed the booster pump and told me i needed the electrician to hook it up and all should be good. So today i had the electrician hook up the pump and when i started everything up the waterfalls still only trickled out and down the wall.

Am i being pool guyed?

What should i do to get the these two 5 foot waterfalls operating as they are supposed to?

I have two skimmers, no bottom drain, and 2 return jets and 2 step jets that are "T".

It sounds like there might be a blockage somewhere. Some have found it in the pipes, some right where the water is to come out. It will take some looking but your installer should be able to find it.

Are there any valves connected to the falls?

:kim:

i have one valve on the waterfall line.

I spoke to the manufacturer of the waterfalls today and they told me a 1.5 inch line can only get 90 GPM. Is this true? They recommended a 2 inch to 2.5 inch pipe but it is already to late as the waterfall lines are buried under pavers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.