Vacuum pool and dirty again please help

Aug 18, 2016
Ct.
We had the same problem last year so we bought a new filter the Hayward EC40AC Perflex Extended-Cycle D.E. Pool Filter this year .
Weill every time I vacuum it it looks beautiful then I shut the filter and when it comes back on almost instantly it looks like very fine sand is all over the bottom of the pool. I don't know what to do. if I leave the filter on after vacuum it's dirty and if I shut it the pool look great until the filter comes back on . Please help this is driving me crazy..

Almost surely, you have a chemistry problem.....not a filter problem. You are seeing dead algae on your pool floor. Of course, that comes from live algae which grows in your pool because your chlorine is too low.

Can you post current test results? What does your water look like?

The water is very clear no alge at all just fine sand on the bottom . Today I vacuumed it and turned off the filter after I vacuumed it and it looked beautiful for hours until the filter kicked on and now fine sand all over the bottom.

The live algae in your pool is invisible to the naked eye. You see the dead algae because the pump slowly flows the water over the bottom of the pool but the dead algae accumulates in the tiniest of crevices.

If you think it is sand, try to pinch some between your thumb and forefinger, I believe it will just poof away from you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.