Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slide valve or multiposition?

1. Back To Top    #1

Slide valve or multiposition?

On all my other DE pool filter they have had the slide valve configuration for the backwashing.

I see the multi position valve are now another choice.

Any opinion on one versus the other? The slide looks like simpler installtion since it matches the filter exactly.

Which is better for the head pressure/restriction?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Slide valve or multiposition?

A multi-position rotary main valve is very nice to have, especially on a DE filter. They do require slightly more maintenance than a plain two position valve, but only just a little. Having the extra settings, like vacuum to waste, recirculate, and rinse is really quite handy.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I wondered what all the other positions would be for.

4. Back To Top    #4

Coastalish 'down easter'

Here you can find my feelings on this subject
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Waste!