Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello there

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello there

My name is Bee from Sacramento. Stumbled upon this forum while trying to find information on how to shock a pool. Can definitely admit it is extremely overwhelming information so I am hoping I can figure this out. I lost my pool guy so I have to at least figure out how to do this on my own while in search of someone else Hello everyone!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello there

Welcome to TFP!

It seems like a lot at first, but once you get going it is really very simple. I had to read it all 30 or 40 times to get it figured out.

First, you need a good test kit. I use the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net. Here is why it is the best value, Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Start here
    ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    And here
    Pool School - Getting Started
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hello there

Welcome to TFP! I also recommend the TF-100 with "Speed Stir". Nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!