Going out of town for a few days

moonie

May 17, 2013
Thomasville NC
I'm going to the beach next week and was wondering about my hot tub. I currently use the BBB method on it and wondered if I brought it up to shock level (10ppm) before we left on Tuesday evening would it be ok until we returned on Saturday. It's a 415 Gallon and it will have the cover on it.

We will see if someone with spa experience says different but my thinking is if you turn the heat off and assuming the cover is reasonably light tight I don't see any reason the chlorine would not hold at or above suggested levels for a week. The only other factor I can think of is what is the resting temp of the spa without the heat on?

Turning down the heat to 90 or 95 will help quite a bit. Yes, raise to shock level and it should be fine. You can float trichlor puck in there too. Especially if your cya is below 30 or 40.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.