Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar cover trimming wait time

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Solar cover trimming wait time

How many days did anyone wait before trimming a new solar cover? Mine is 10 mil (250 micron). It's clear skies and around 45F to 75F these days (8C - 25C).

Any tips? I have some scissors and my hope is for no curled up edges and maybe 1" from the tile all the way around in winter and nearly snug in summer.

It's been on two days and pool climbed from 61F to 66F (16C to 19C) so pretty happy so far
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Solar cover trimming wait time

I don't know if it was the "right" way or not, but I trimmed mine while it was on the pool. I'm on my second season and the cover seems to be the same as the day I trimmed it.

I'm using a Midwest Canvas Space Age solar cover, 10mil I believe.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!