Pool leak

Chisek

Apr 19, 2016
Homer Glen, IL
I have a 20X40 in ground pool with a concrete base & fiberglass walls. The pool has been in the ground since the early to mid 80's. I've been losing about 2" of water a day for the past week. I've plugged the skimmers & not run the pump for a day & I am still losing the same amount of water. I do not notice an "wet" areas around the pool. It does have a concrete patio that is anywhere from 10' to 3' surrounding the pool so I am not sure if I would see any wet areas. What would the steps to start searching for the source of the leak?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most likely culprits are around skimmers, lights and returns. You can let the water leak until it stops and that will point to the area where the leak is. Or you can get some dye or food coloring and check for leaks at these areas.

Look at the wall seams where each panel meets the next. Look at the floor and wall seam also. Do you see any cracks on the concrete floor. Take the light out of the light niche and use red food coloring or phenol red to see if the conduit for the light cord is leaking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.